Wishing you all a Happy Valentine’s Day!
I love #Valentine‘s Day because I get to eat cake. Simple as that. I get love and cuddles everyday from my husband, but cake – I don’t get that everyday.
We have never been into celebrating today. There just seems to be too much pressure on everyone. And restaurants are way too busy.
Another way to celebrate this day of love, is showing yourself some self-love.
Here are 5 ways to treat yourself on #Valentine‘s Day. Remember this – when you love yourself, others will love you back.
- Look in the mirror and tell yourself how much you love YOU! Tell yourself how proud you are of all that you’ve accomplished, whether it be great or small. I love this so much and it works! I learned this from Louise Hay. She’s a remarkable lady and author who has helped many people.
- Enjoy a delicious heart healthy meal. Not only will your heart benefit, but you will be feeling so good! Dark chocolate is a fun choice for today, but also a dark green leafy salad sprinkled with hemp hearts. Even a good glass of red wine is beneficial for the heart because of the flavonoid antioxidant – resveratrol.
- Buy yourself flowers. In my previous post, I wrote about flowers for Valentine’s Day. There’s nothing like fresh flowers. And it’s a nod to Spring that says “I can’t wait to see you!”.
- Take a relaxing bath. Pamper yourself. Use your favourite smelly potions – soaps, body oils, or lotions. I just had my bath and I feel so relaxed. I soaked in a salt bath scented with peppermint and lavender. It was delightful!
- Go for a walk in nature. Listen to the birds and notice how mother nature has spoiled us with her beauty. Take a deep breath in, enjoy the fresh air. Tilt your face to the sun and just soak up the warm rays. Your whole body and cells will be beaming with love and joy.
If you do all of these 5 things, or even just a couple, I guarantee you will be glowing with love. xo